Cellular and Wifi Signal Strength Visualization in Augmented Reality.
ColdSpotting is an iOS app that uses Augmented Reality to visualize network signal strength. You can troubleshoot Cellular or Wifi connections simply by walking around an area. ColdSpotting will automatically drop color-coded 'beacons' as you navigate your surroundings. By visually inspecting the area for changes(Greener Beacons Better - Redder Beacons Worse) you can see where signals are strongest.
Visualize the strength of your network in Augmented Reality.
Find ColdSpots where your reception isn't well covered.
Diagnose poor network performance and interference.
Perform Wireless Site Surveys to ensure high-reliability for mission critical events.
Test using real-world devices in real-world scenarios.
Compare coverage across manufacturers, chipsets and product lines.
Find the Best spot for coverage when joining a new network(ideal for coffee shops, libraries or airports).
- IT Installers
- AV Systems Engineers
- Home Entertainment Enthusiasts
- Video Gamers
- Network Administrators
- Educational Institutions
- Wireless Surveys
Tips and Tricks for best Results:
- Augmented Reality relies on using your camera to anchor itself in 3D space, and works best in medium light
- Make sure to take lots of samples in as many places as you'd like to survey
- Always be aware of your physical surroundings to ensure safety
- iOS doesn't allow for signal information with non-internet connected Wifi Hotspots(for example, if you can't see the Wifi signal bars in the Status Bar, we can't either).
- Mirrors are very confusing for Augmented Reality
Requires devices that use A9, A10 and A11 chips:
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad Pro (9.7, 10.5 or 12.9) – both first-gen and 2nd-gen
- iPad (2017)
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
Version 2.0 Added support for Cellular Networks and fixed bugs with the iPhone X
Special Thanks And Attribution for Graphic Assets: